The Nixa Area Chamber of Commerce announced its annual slate of honors recognizing young professionals in the community.
The individuals who are part of the 2022 Nixa Young Professionals Top 10 Under 40 group range in industry from banking, education and law enforcement to architecture, carpeting and insurance, according to a news release. They were chosen by a judging panel comprising last year's NXYP Top 10 Under 40 honorees based on community involvement, professional achievements, innovations and leadership.
This year's honorees, in alphabetical order, are:
• Sgt. Josh Barton, patrol sergeant, Nixa Police Department;
• Jesse Brooks, owner, Steam Master: Carpet, Tile and Furniture Care;
• Michael Childress, project designer, Insight Design Architects;
• Tim Cobb, regional credit officer, The Bank of Missouri;
• Mary Floyd, kindergarten teacher, Nixa Public Schools;
• Nicholas Holladay, director of communications, Christian County Library District;
• Lindsey Koelling, High Pointe Elementary assistant principal, Nixa Public Schools;
• Alex Stein, athletics communication specialist, Nixa Public Schools;
• Jaime Wright, Nixa High School assistant principal, Nixa Public Schools; and
• Jayne Young, owner, Jayne Young: Allstate Insurance.
The honorees are scheduled to be recognized Dec. 13 during a Nixa chamber luncheon, according to the release.
A pair of area medical colleges that received state grant funding in the fall are now investing the funds toward technology and new programs with the intent of attracting more students to the nursing profession.