The Drury University Board of Trustees elected five new board members.
They started their four-year terms May 1 and yesterday attended new trustee orientation ahead of the biannual board meeting May 12-13, according to a news release.
The new members are:
• James “Isaac” Cody, senior vice president and treasurer for Walmart Inc.;
• Jason Jenkins, co-founder and president of Alpha Surety & Insurance Brokerage LLC in Florida;
• Jeana McFerron-Berron, a St. Charles resident who serves as principal senior counsel for The Boeing Co.;
• Jennifer Mahaffey, a Rogersville resident who is board secretary for radio broadcasting and real estate company Mahaffey Enterprises Inc.; and
• Carrie (Wooten) McLiney, a resident of Overland Park, Kansas, who is board member and executive producer for Just Like You Films Inc.
All but McLiney have degrees from Drury, according to the release.
As the new members joined, the board said goodbye to Sarah Marie Lewis, Thomas Craig McAlear, Thomas R. Warren, Emily Roberts Pitts and Ron Stabb. Together, they served a collective 55 years on the 36-member Drury board.
Springfield-based Ozarks Elder Law expanded its footprint in Nixa; Skin Wax Ink changed its location and name; and food truck The Deck Pizza Co. opened.