Silver Dollar City's holiday event won a national contest for the fifth-straight year in a row.
An Old Time Christmas was recognized by USA Today and readers through polls conducted at 10Best.com, according to a news release. SDC's event is the only one located in Missouri on the Top 10.
"It’s fun to watch this event continue to grow into a national holiday destination known for our lights, our shows, our crafts and food," SDC President Brad Thomas said in the release. “Christmas is always an extra special time for us. But this year, more than ever, it seems folks are wanting and needing to forget so many challenges of today and celebrate the season with their friends and their families.”
An Old Time Christmas showcases 6.5 million lights, two Broadway-style shows, a holiday light parade and an eight-story animated Christmas tree, among other features.
Herschend Family Entertainment Corp., the parent company of SDC, has a second property in the top five of the USA Today poll: Dollywood, a partnership with entertainer Dolly Parton.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Theme Park Holiday Event:
1. An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City - Branson
2. WinterFest at Kings Island - Mason, Ohio
3. Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood - Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
4. SeaWorld Orlando's Christmas Celebration – Orlando, Florida
5. Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg, Virginia
6. Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – Tampa, Florida
7. Holiday Lights at Kennywood - West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
8. Hersheypark Christmas Candylane - Hershey, Pennsylvania
9. Christmastime at Santa's Village - Jefferson, New Hampshire
10. Dutch Winter Wonderland at Dutch Wonderland - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Mercy Springfield Communities relocated a clinic; San Clemente, California-based law firm Gilson Daub Inc. expanded to the Springfield market; and a second video gaming center for Contender eSports Springfield LLC opened in the Queen City.