Last edited 9:01 a.m., Aug. 18, 2022
Every business owner or executive has a team of professionals who help make the organization a success. They are accountants, attorneys, bankers, commercial Realtors, insurance agents, technology professionals and wealth managers.
Springfield Business Journal’s 2022 Trusted Advisers event honors 22 businesspeople, including up-and-comers for those with fewer than five years of experience, and the Legacy Adviser, a pinnacle award for industry veterans with over 20 years of experience. The program is now in its ninth year.
Chosen by an independent panel of judges, this year’s honorees by category and in alphabetical order are as follows:
- Legacy Adviser: Ann Marie Baker, executive vice president at UMB Bank.
- Accountants: Katie Aton-Jackson of Smillie & Jackson CPAs LLC, Matt Clark of Abacus CPAs LLC and Derek Smith of FORVIS LLP.
- Attorneys: Rodney H. Nichols of Spencer Fane LLP, Joseph Passanise of Wampler & Passanise Law Office PC and Kory D. Stubblefield of Stubblefield Law LLC.
- Bankers: Mandy Anthes of Arvest Bank, Kendal R. Dingus of Central Bank in Springfield and Tiffany Nichols of State Bank of Southwest Missouri.
- Commercial Realtors: Jeff Childs of SVN/Rankin Co. and Caleb Moreno of Moreno Group Commercial Realty.
- Insurance Professionals: Mindy Pippin of Ollis/Akers/Arney, Brad S. Pistole of Trinity Insurance & Financial Services Inc. and Ken A. Stephens of Employee Benefit Design LLC.
- Technology Professionals: James Gilpin of PCnet LLC and Todd Murren of Bluebird Network LLC.
- Wealth Managers: Matthew J. Fairbairn of Visionary Wealth Advisors LLC and Jeff Lenhart of FORVIS Wealth Advisors.
- Up-and-Comers: Shuhan Gu of Abacus CPAs LLC, Trevor Reger of Clint Harris Insurance Agency Inc. and Lillian Sweeney of Neale & Newman LLP.
More information on the Sept. 30 Trusted Advisers event is at SBJ.net/trusted.