The sixth edition of a Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau Inc. program rolled out June 1 with over 20 participating breweries, distilleries and wineries.
The Ozarks Tap and Pour Craft Beverage Tour is a self-guided program in which participants can earn prizes for checking in at various businesses, mostly in the Springfield and Branson areas. The CVB launched the program in 2018 to highlight local beer, wine and spirits tourism. The 2023-24 tour concludes May 31, 2024, CVB officials say.
People ages 21 and older are eligible to participate in the free program by registering at SpringfieldMo.org. A new component of the tour is a scratch card participants receive at each location, according to a news release. Prizes on the cards may include cash awards totaling $3,000, discounts to area hotels, attractions and restaurants, as well as trivia about the Ozarks craft beverage scene. There are four grand prizes of $500 and 10 additional prizes of $100. CVB officials say the cards supply is limited to 5,000, adding no purchase is necessary to receive one.
CVB spokesperson Susan Wade said each of the 23 Ozarks Tap and Pour venues invested $500-$1,000 to participate in this year’s program.
Along with the scratch card promotion, participants can receive a free Tap and Pour T-shirt after earning 150 check-in points, according to the release. Check-ins must include at least one brewery, winery and distillery. Each Springfield venue check-in is worth 10 points, while 20 points are earned for locations more than 10 miles from the Queen City.
Participating businesses are:
• 4 by 4 Brewing Co. LLC, Springfield and Nixa locations.
• 7 Cs Winery LLC, Walnut Grove.
• Back Home Brewing LLC, Ozark.
• Banter Brewing Co. LLC, Springfield.
• Bear Creek Wine Co., Walnut Shade.
• Boat Town Brewing LLC, Lebanon.
• Bricktown Brewery, Springfield and Branson locations.
• Cassell Vineyards LLC, Mansfield.
• Great Escape Beer Works, Springfield.
• Hold Fast Brewing, Springfield.
• Lindwedel Winery, Branson.
• Malt & Barrel Brewing LLC, Branson.
• Missouri Ridge Distillery LLC, Branson.
• Mothers Brewing Co. LLC, Springfield.
• Ozark Hills Winery, Branson.
• Show-Me Brewing LLC, Springfield.
• Springfield Brewing Co., Springfield.
• Tie & Timber Beer Co. LLC, Springfield.
• Turkey Creek Brewery and Gastropub, Hollister.
• White River Brewing Co., Springfield.
• Wire Road Brewing Co; Battlefield.
The CVB followed up its Ozarks Tap and Pour program with the Ozarks Coffee Trail in 2021. The coffee trail, now in its second year, works in a similar way with people checking in at participating businesses to earn a commemorative ceramic coffee mug. This year’s coffee trail program, which includes 30 stops, concludes Sept. 30, according to past reporting.
Springfield Business Journal’s 2023 Trusted Advisers event honors 20 businesspeople.