Seven new board members are under consideration at the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce.
The chamber's Directors Nominating Committee submitted the names for review, according to a news release. The candidates range in industry from health care, hair design and trucking to jewelry, egg production, banking and construction.
The candidates are:
• Max Buetow, CoxHealth;
• Linda Daugherty, Academy of Hair Design and BeVelle Barber;
• Amber Edmondson, Trailiner Corp.;
• Jessica Harmison-Olson, Maxon Fine Jewelry;
• Carl Kicklighter, Vital Farms Inc.;
• Christian Lewis, Simmons Bank; and
• Gregg Scholtens, Nabholz Construction Corp.
The candidates would serve three-year board terms, according to the release.
Chamber members can submit additional proposals by noon on Oct. 13. If no other candidates are nominated, the seven people put forward by the Directors Nominating Committee will be installed on the board .
The chamber’s board comprises roughly 30 members, according to its website.
A baked goods vendor at Farmers Market of the Ozarks expanded to a brick-and-mortar operation; the first lending center for Old Missouri Bank opened; and London Calling Pasty Co. added a new food truck.