The Better Business Bureau selected six companies for this year's Torch Awards honoring businesses for ethical practices.
The businesses run the gamut in industry from locksmith services, accounting and pharmaceutical sales to business advocacy, pool contracting and trucking, according to a news release. The companies, which were honored Oct. 19 during a virtual event, are selected by a BBB committee comprising previous winners after submitting applications for the awards.
“BBB Torch Awards recognize companies committed to exceptional service and high ethics,” said Stephanie Garland, BBB Springfield regional director, in the release. “These organizations have truly joined BBB’s mission of advancing marketplace trust in an exemplary way. They are role models for other businesses and nonprofits in the community.”
The companies are:
• 417 Rekey, a Springfield-based mobile locksmith service for homes and businesses;
• Abacus CPAs LLC, a Springfield-based accounting, tax preparation, wealth management and consulting firm;
• Alps Pharmacy, a Nixa-based pharmacy services company;
• Hollister Area Chamber of Commerce, a civic organization representing small businesses in the city;
• Springfield Pool and Spa, a pool and spa contractor in business since 1987; and
• TransLand, a Strafford-based trucking and transportation company.
"Winning a Torch Award is simply validation – validation that the ethical practices TransLand lives by are seen by others,” CEO Mark Walker said in the release.
417 Cocktails LLC moved; 7 Brew Coffee added its first shop in Lebanon; and Branson outlet store for Baltimore, Maryland-based sports apparel retailer Under Armour relocated.